Consumers want energy efficiency. Homeowners are willing to spend more on energy efficient appliances and HVAC equipment when they know it saves them money long term and reduces their carbon footprint. However, for those who are on the fence, it’s important to provide cost estimates and overviews on exactly how energy efficient systems will perform for them. Specifically, you might illustrate longer-term annual energy savings vs the higher up-front cost so they can see their break-even over time. Read more
Voice command digital assistants have grown in popularity over the last several years. These services initially popped up more as a novelty than anything else, but now Amazon Alexa and other voice command devices allow consumers to control an assortment of appliances in their home via voice command. This now includes several HVAC thermostats, such as Carrier’s Infinity Touch Control. This not only makes controlling a home’s heating and cooling easier for your customers, but it substantially helps those with disabilities. Now, clients in wheelchairs or with visual issues can control their thermostats, all with their voice. Read more
For faculty and administrative managers looking to take further control over the commercial HVAC equipment running throughout the building, the i-Vu Equipment Touch from Carrier provides exactly that. With a high-resolution, touchscreen display, the i-Vu Equipment Touch provides the in-depth monitoring and real-time information needed to ensure that the HVAC equipment runs at optimal levels. From identifying potential issues within a commercial building’s air conditioning system to boosting the cost efficiency of the entire system, this touchscreen display aims to change how building managers and technicians monitor HVAC performance. Read more
When you run an HVAC company, a strong business plan and careful preparation can make your business thrive throughout the year. And in order to keep your business solvent, it’s important to know your daily, monthly, and yearly goals. While sticking to a plan to meet these goals is important, preparing for bumps in the road and changing along with shifting demands are equally as important. Downtime in between seasons can wreak havoc on budgets and the bottom line if you’re not careful. But, by being prepared for these slowdowns and unexpected lulls, you will discover that you can make it as a profitable HVAC provider. Read more
The HVAC industry is abuzz as Carrier unveils what is sure to be a life changer for customers and contractors alike. Carrier is renowned for being an innovator, and this new, single-zone ductless system is the pinnacle of their work thus far. Featuring 9,000 BTUh, this unit is the only one available in North America that carries a 42 SEER rating. But the SEER rating is only part of what makes this system so impressive. Here is a closer look at the incredible features found within the 42 SEER rating air conditioner by Carrier. Read more
Refrigerant recovery is nothing new. You already know that there are stringent laws in place dictating how R-22 is allowed to be used, and if you don’t dispose of it properly, you could face some huge fines. However, even with these laws in place, not enough HVAC contractors are responsibly reclaiming the R-22 they obtain on the field. This is bad news for the environment and could result in some serious consequences for you. Read more
People want an HVAC contractor they can trust—one that will give them fair pricing and treat their home with respect. So how do they find this person? More times than not, they turn to social media. By interacting with you on social media, they will get to know you and begin to trust you, so you will be the clear choice when it comes time to hire an HVAC contractor.
Back in December, a very important amendment was made to the Section 179 deduction, yet not enough people are talking about it. In the past, HVAC equipment had to be depreciated on tax returns, so the tax deduction for business owners would be spread across 39 years. Now, HVAC equipment qualifies as a capital investment, which can substantially offset the immediate costs for the system and encourage business owners to invest in new and/or upgraded HVAC equipment for their company. Here’s a closer look at the details of Section 179 and how to make it work to your advantage. Read more
The Unitarian Universalist Church is a community staple in Ft. Myers, Florida. Equipped with a vast eco-preserve, nature trail, and more, the 12.5-acre property provides members of the church with a serene location to relax and reflect. However, the church was still relying on the DX systems that were installed when the church was initially built, and they were having a challenging time maintaining the temperature and humidity levels in the main gathering hall known as the sanctuary. Read more
When you are on a job site, time is of the essence. You don’t have time to head back to the office to find information for your clients: You need to give them the answers they are looking for immediately. Now, with our HVAC mobile app—aptly named the HVAC Contractor Assist—you can. Built to make your life a whole lot easier, our HVAC app is sure to become your new favorite tool in your tool belt. Here is a look at the upgraded features and enhancements that we have integrated into our app for HVAC contractors.
Incredible Features to Improve Your Workflow
Once you start using our HVAC mobile app, you will wonder how you ever lived without it. While it is loaded with several incredible features to assist you with your job, these are the three we think you will be especially fond of:
- In-app Warranty Claims – With our warranty feature, you can submit claims while on the go. Take away the headache of making repetitive phone calls and get paid faster. And if you aren’t sure if a product is covered, you can easily search by serial number to get all of the information you need.
- Instant Document Search – Gone are the days of digging through file boxes to find the diagrams and instructions you need to perform adequate service on a piece of equipment you are unfamiliar with. Our app for HVAC contractors puts all of these documents at your fingertips, including spec sheets, installation instructions, wiring diagrams, consumer information, and more.
- Easy Part Locator – You know how important it is to have the correct part the first time, and with our HVAC app, you no longer have to waste precious time finding the right one. All you have to do is open up the app, enter the equipment you need a part for, and confirm inventory at the CE store nearest you.
In addition to the above features, our HVAC mobile app will also provide you with the following capabilities:
- Get real-time inventory information before you head to one of our stores.
- Shop for the parts you need straight from the HVAC app and we will have the parts ready for you when you arrive—or get them shipped to you.
- Locate compatible parts for the equipment you are working on.
- Use the barcode scanner to easily find the pricing and quantity information for that part.
- Calculate pressure or temperature instantly with our PT calculator.
- Find the CE location that is nearest to where you are.
- See barcodes in dark spaces with the included flashlight—there’s no need to switch apps.
With our app for HVAC contractors, you can save yourself precious time by having all of the information you need right at your fingertips. Download our HVAC mobile app today in the Apple App Store or on Google Play and never look back.