When thinking about installing an HVAC system in a home, you probably think about applying a traditional, residential unitary system or a standard residential ductless system. Similarly, when you are considering the HVAC system on a large commercial project, you typically opt for a 3-phase VRF system or other traditional commercial HVAC products. Fortunately, there is a technology that bridges the too large for the residential ductless system and too small for a traditional VRF system situations—the Carrier/Bryant and Toshiba-Carrier Single-phase VRF heat pump systems. Carrier/Bryant and Toshiba-Carrier single-phase VRF systems can be perfectly sized for those “in-between” projects, where efficiency needs and design flexibility typically require more in-depth designing and planning.
Several Configuration Options
The Carrier/Bryant and Toshiba-Carrier Single-phase VRF systems are all about versatility, and are available in either three, four, or five-ton capacities, with up-to 10 compatible indoor unit types (depending on the system):
- Ductless HVAC systems are compatible with the 4-Way cassette, the compact 4-way cassette, the high-wall unit, the under-ceiling/floor console unit, or the recessed floor console unit.
- Ducted HVAC systems can choose from the low static duct, the medium static duct, the high static duct, the vertical AHU, or the outside air duct.
No matter which indoor units are chosen, each one can be controlled via its own controller or connected to one central controller.
In addition to the many configurations available for the Carrier/Bryant and Toshiba-Carrier Single-phase VRF, the HVAC system has many more alluring features, including:
- Extremely efficient operation due to the DC inverter compressor
- Minimal noise due to the carefully designed condenser fan and included air deflector
- The ability to connect several indoor units to each outdoor unit: the 3-ton unit can be used with up to five indoor units, the 4-ton unit can handle seven, and the 5-ton unit can connect with as many as nine indoor units
- Side piping connections available on all four sides for a simple installation
- A vast temperature range, with the ability to cool in temps ranging from 5° F to 118° F and the ability to heat in temps ranging from -13° F to 64° F
- Several control options, including a wireless remote, a wired remote, a touchscreen remote, and more
As mentioned, the Carrier/Bryant and Toshiba-Carrier Single-phase VRF systems were created with efficiency and flexibility in mind. For residential use, these systems can be used in almost any space configuration. The systems offer long line-lengths, so the units can be installed between floors with ease. As far as light commercial applications go, Carrier/Bryant and Toshiba-Carrier Single-phase VRF systems are excellent equipment choices for smaller buildings, such as banks, strip malls, two-story office buildings, and police stations.
The Carrier/Bryant and Toshiba-Carrier Single-phase VRF systems bring the incredible efficiency and versatility of standard VRF system to a much larger customer base. When you are looking for a versatile solution for your customer that is energy-efficient and easy to install, Carrier/Bryant and Toshiba-Carrier Single-phase VRF systems are ideal. To learn more about the optimal applications for this incredible HVAC system, contact us now.