The HVAC industry is abuzz as Carrier unveils what is sure to be a life changer for customers and contractors alike. Carrier is renowned for being an innovator, and this new, single-zone ductless system is the pinnacle of their work thus far. Featuring 9,000 BTUh, this unit is the only one available in North America that carries a 42 SEER rating. But the SEER rating is only part of what makes this system so impressive. Here is a closer look at the incredible features found within the 42 SEER rating air conditioner by Carrier. Read more
Refrigerant recovery is nothing new. You already know that there are stringent laws in place dictating how R-22 is allowed to be used, and if you don’t dispose of it properly, you could face some huge fines. However, even with these laws in place, not enough HVAC contractors are responsibly reclaiming the R-22 they obtain on the field. This is bad news for the environment and could result in some serious consequences for you. Read more
People want an HVAC contractor they can trust—one that will give them fair pricing and treat their home with respect. So how do they find this person? More times than not, they turn to social media. By interacting with you on social media, they will get to know you and begin to trust you, so you will be the clear choice when it comes time to hire an HVAC contractor.
Back in December, a very important amendment was made to the Section 179 deduction, yet not enough people are talking about it. In the past, HVAC equipment had to be depreciated on tax returns, so the tax deduction for business owners would be spread across 39 years. Now, HVAC equipment qualifies as a capital investment, which can substantially offset the immediate costs for the system and encourage business owners to invest in new and/or upgraded HVAC equipment for their company. Here’s a closer look at the details of Section 179 and how to make it work to your advantage. Read more
When you are on a job site, time is of the essence. You don’t have time to head back to the office to find information for your clients: You need to give them the answers they are looking for immediately. Now, with our HVAC mobile app—aptly named the HVAC Contractor Assist—you can. Built to make your life a whole lot easier, our HVAC app is sure to become your new favorite tool in your tool belt. Here is a look at the upgraded features and enhancements that we have integrated into our app for HVAC contractors.
Incredible Features to Improve Your Workflow
Once you start using our HVAC mobile app, you will wonder how you ever lived without it. While it is loaded with several incredible features to assist you with your job, these are the three we think you will be especially fond of:
- In-app Warranty Claims – With our warranty feature, you can submit claims while on the go. Take away the headache of making repetitive phone calls and get paid faster. And if you aren’t sure if a product is covered, you can easily search by serial number to get all of the information you need.
- Instant Document Search – Gone are the days of digging through file boxes to find the diagrams and instructions you need to perform adequate service on a piece of equipment you are unfamiliar with. Our app for HVAC contractors puts all of these documents at your fingertips, including spec sheets, installation instructions, wiring diagrams, consumer information, and more.
- Easy Part Locator – You know how important it is to have the correct part the first time, and with our HVAC app, you no longer have to waste precious time finding the right one. All you have to do is open up the app, enter the equipment you need a part for, and confirm inventory at the CE store nearest you.
In addition to the above features, our HVAC mobile app will also provide you with the following capabilities:
- Get real-time inventory information before you head to one of our stores.
- Shop for the parts you need straight from the HVAC app and we will have the parts ready for you when you arrive—or get them shipped to you.
- Locate compatible parts for the equipment you are working on.
- Use the barcode scanner to easily find the pricing and quantity information for that part.
- Calculate pressure or temperature instantly with our PT calculator.
- Find the CE location that is nearest to where you are.
- See barcodes in dark spaces with the included flashlight—there’s no need to switch apps.
With our app for HVAC contractors, you can save yourself precious time by having all of the information you need right at your fingertips. Download our HVAC mobile app today in the Apple App Store or on Google Play and never look back.
While some HVAC jobs are upgrades that your customers saved up for, more often than not, you are performing emergency repairs. As such, many customers do not have the savings built up to pay for your services outright. That’s why it is important to offer your customers another option. With Credit for Comfort financing for HVAC contractors, you can make sure your customers get the equipment they require without having to stress about paying for it upfront.
Variable refrigerant flow, or VRF, is the latest technology to hit the HVAC industry, and it is quickly becoming the go-to HVAC equipment for a wide variety of applications. VRF systems work by continuously running the compressor, and then strategically routing the refrigerant on a per-zone, as-needed basis. Due to its minimal size, extreme energy efficiency, and incredible zoning capabilities, a VRF system is the top HVAC equipment choice for a wide variety of applications. These are just a few of the many applications for VRF systems. Read more
We’ve mentioned the Cor smart thermostat many times, but today we are going to take it a step further and introduce the complete Cor Home Automation system. Just like the Cor thermostat, the home automation system was created to be user friendly, innovative, and versatile. It integrates with all of the other smart features in a home, including the Cor Thermostat, to control the entire house from a smartphone or tablet. Here is a closer look at the capabilities and benefits of using the Cor Home Automation system. Read more
After a hurricane or bad rainstorm hits, homes often sustain visible damage. But perhaps the most harmful damage of all cannot be seen. Here’s what you can do to help your customers mitigate risk. Read more
Providing heating and cooling for the hospitality industry is no easy task, but with the new and improved Gree E-TAC (Engineered Terminal Air Conditioner), it just got a lot easier. The Gree E-TAC will keep up with your customers’ demanding HVAC needs, while proving the ultimate level of comfort for their guests. Here’s a closer look at the Gree E-TAC—otherwise known as the ideal HVAC solution for hotels. Read more