If you’re looking to build a resource library for your staff and contractors, you will find some of the many educational materials available today to be invaluable. From theory to practice, and from design to full implementation of an HVAC system, here are just a few resources that offer countless tips and techniques for both managers and technicians:
Your brand is the most important asset you have, so whenever you are promoting your company, make sure you use consistency in graphic style, color, message and look/feel. Your customers make decisions about the credibility of your company when they see your trucks, invoices, website, advertising and technicians in the field. Don’t let your brand communications tell the wrong story.
MARKETING TIPS TO INCREASE SUMMER SALES
It’s mid-May — and that means the summer heat will soon begin to put a strain on your customers’ air conditioning units. With that in mind, it’s also time to make sure your summer advertising campaign is in place, in order to leverage the busy season. Here are some tips to maximize your advertising budget and increase sales during this time:
- Develop a Microsite – To track the results of your summer advertising and marketing campaign, you should develop a campaign microsite with a specific URL that will allow you to track the leads your campaign generates. The microsite will host all the details of your summer specials and will make it easy for your customers to find out more about your company via links to your company website.
- Create a Summer Discount Offer – A great way to promote your business and create customer loyalty is to create a discount offer for customers to use in the hot summer months. Send out the discount offer to your customer database and use it as a digital coupon that they can print out and put on their refrigerator. For print ads, include the coupon in the ad so they can cut it out and keep it handy. In your radio and TV ads, be sure to include a specific URL for them to go online and download the discount coupon. Customers love saving money and they will love you for giving them a discount on repairs during the warm, summer months!
- Multi-media Advertising Platform – To ensure that you reach all the various target audiences in your region, make sure you are using all the advertising channels available to you. The best advertising campaigns use consistent messaging across all platforms, i.e., radio, TV, website, digital, social media, signage, events and special promotions. Develop a creative concept that can be effectively deployed across all the channels you are using and maintain that creative consistency throughout the campaign.
- Customer Referral Program – The easiest and most cost-effective way to boost summer sales is to reward your current customers with cash, gifts or other incentives when they refer their family, friends or social or business network. There are numerous referral platforms on the market that can help you stay in touch with your customers through an online portal designed to reflect your company’s brand. These affordable platforms allow you to create referral campaigns that can be easily shared by your customers to their networks at the touch of a button. The benefit of a consistent, online customer referral platform will help you build your referrals quickly, efficiently and easily, and will deliver a high ROI.
- Promote Specials on Company Vans – Your company vans are traveling billboards. You don’t have to rewrap your vans when you change your advertising, but you can use areas on the van to promote your summer specials. One area that is effective is the rear windows. A simple, vinyl poster cling can be affixed to the rear windows and will give you continuous exposure as your techs travel around the community.
- Community Partnerships – Summer time is a great time to partner with local organizations that are actively engaging residents and businesses in your community. Take an active role in sponsoring Little League baseball teams, community events, street fairs, children’s summer activities, senior outings, Chamber of Commerce events and city-sponsored outdoor events. Many offer tabling opportunities that will allow you to hand out your summer discount coupons and promo items that customers can take home to keep your company top of mind when they need HVAC service.
CE knows how busy the late spring and summer season can be for HVAC/R contractors like yourself. We have spent the last few months preparing to make sure our stores are well stocked to meet all your repair and replacement needs. To make your purchases even more convenient, your techs can order everything they need online at www.carrierenterprise.com, and it will be ready for them to pick up at the store!
The trend toward developing products designed to assist homeowners and commercial building owners/managers in managing their energy use, use smart-enabled devices and improve safety in the process continues to dominate the HVAC industry in 2016. At the January 2016 International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo) manufacturers and vendors introduced new or upgraded products, systems and technologies that are intended to make it easier for technicians to provide excellent service, increase productivity and allow for building owners to maximize their HVAC system’s energy efficiency.
The solutions presented at the show comprised a wide variety of categories, from indoor air quality to software, and addressed the interests of contractors, engineers, wholesalers/distributors, facility managers and owners/operators. With the wide variety of products and new technologies, these innovations are expected to touch every corner of the HVAC/R industry.
Each year the annual AHR Expo Innovations awards honors the industry’s most innovative products, systems and technologies in the categories of building automation, cooling and heating systems, green building, indoor air quality, refrigeration, software, tools and instruments, plumbing and ventilation. A full list of the 2016 AHR Expo Innovation Awards Winners can be found here: http://www.ahrexpo.com/forvisitors/innovation_winners.php
As a leader in the HVAC/R industry, CE prides itself on its ability to stay abreast of current trends and attended the 2016 AHR Expo in Orlando with the intention of making sure that the procurement team visited the booths offering new products and technologies their contractors could use.
According to Douglas Mackemer, National Director – Parts, Supplies & Specialized, the 2016 show was full of new products and technologies that could benefit their contractors. He and his team spent lots of time meeting with manufacturers to get firsthand knowledge of their products and new technologies on the drawing board. “We were excited to have the AHR Expo 2016 in Orlando, CE’s corporate headquarters. Our team spent several days at the show and made a lot of great connections with companies in our industry to ensure we are on top of all the latest and greatest product innovations,” said Douglas Mackemer.
CE is currently reviewing the 2016 AHR Expo Innovation Award winning products for their relevance to their customers and will be looking to add these products as they see a demand. Currently, CE is carrying the following 2016 AHR Expo award-winning products in their stores.
Tools & Instruments – ZoomLock™ – Parker Hannifin – This is a braze-free pipe connection tool that allows a technician to join copper tubing in a variety of HVAC/R applications. The device uses a crimping technology without need for brazing, permitting or training. The ZoomLock™ braze-free fittings are the first crimp technology engineered for high-pressure refrigeration connects and are the first approved for applications up to 700 psi. Currently CE is offering ZoomLock™ in the Florida region. According to Mackemer, “the ZoomLock is really doing well with contractors in Florida – they like the fact that they can avoid using a flame inside a residence or commercial building when making repairs and the tool is helping them to do their jobs more safely and with less time needed to get permits.” See more about this item >>
Tools & Instruments – ABM-200 – AAB Smart Tools – The ABM-200 is designed to assist HVAC technicians in assessing the health of a system, safely and efficiently, by easily allowing the technician to measure and record a variety of data including Airflow Velocity, Airflow Volume
Dry Bulb Temperature, Wet Bulb Temperature, Relative Humidity, Feels Like Temp, Dew Point, Air Density, Wind Speed/Direction/Gusts, Indoor vs. Outdoor Conditions and Barometric Pressure.
The ABM-200 utilizes Bluetooth Smart technology to connect seamlessly and quickly to smartphones and tablets. It features a free app, which is complete with onscreen guidance on how to use the device to ensure accuracy. The app generates a personalized report that can be emailed immediately to the client or home office. The meter features a ruggedized housing with a ¼ inch-20 UNC fitting for mounting to various accessories, which allows for hands free operation. It also comes in an ergonomic carrying case that easily fits into a technician’s pocket or tool bag.
“We have been carrying products from AAB Smart Tools for over a year and they have been a big hit with the technicians. We were pleased to see that the ABM-200 wireless anemometer was recognized with an honorable mention at the expo. It offers the cool, tech factor at an affordable price and it is extremely accurate. It’s a great way to showcase how smart devices can improve a much needed technology in our industry,” said Douglas Mackemer. See more about this item >>
Plumbing – N-Series Waterless Trap – Des Champs Technologies – This device allows liquid condensate to drain from the HVAC equipment and simultaneously prevents air from entering or escaping from the equipment. The device operates in a horizontal position which allows the center line distance between the unit drain connection and the trap to be same or greater distance in inches as the negative pressure in inches of water column within the negative pressure plenum for which the AHU drain is connected.
Finding out more information about these trend-setting products is easy and convenient at CE. Our company is committed to staying abreast of all current HVAC/R product trends and spend a great deal of time researching and interviewing manufacturers to ensure we carry a wide portfolio of products that meet our standards for excellence. We perform testing on all types of products to ensure that they meet our specifications and deliver the results promised. To find out more about the variety of new products showcased at AHR Expo 2016, contact your account representative, visit your local CE distributor or visit our website at www.carrierenterprise.com.
Learn how to be an expert in the IoT landscape at a FREE webinar sponsored by HVAC News. As the desire for managing homes and commercial buildings from a smart-enabled device continues to grow, HVAC contractors will have more demands to integrate HVAC systems into the Internet of Things (IoT). This is a great opportunity for HVAC contractors to take a leading role in this technology, but it is also one that will require knowledge, planning and familiarity with a variety of new technologies, contractors, software, engineers, architects and building systems managers.